Date(s) - 07/29/17
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
New York State United Teachers
Categories No Categories
Additional Information (if available)URL for more information: .
APA VOICE and APIA Vote present a training for staff, volunteers, students, and others who will reach out to New York’s Asian American community during the 2017 local elections.
Learn how to…
– Register voters as a non-profit/non-partisan organization
– Target your audience
– Run an effective, tailored field campaign
– Turn out voters on Election Day
The goals of the training are to…
– Provide a framework for civic engagement and political organizing.
– Provide participants with organizing tools to effectively build civic engagement programs in Asian American communities.
This event is part of a series of nation-wide leadership trainings for non-profit staff, community leaders and volunteers in the Asian American community. Trainees are taught to run an effective voter-mobilization program and incorporate civic participation into an organization and or coalition’s existing structure.
PLEASE RSVP BY WEDNESDAY, JULY 26TH VIA https://tinyurl.com/voterengage
Date: Saturday, July 29, 2017
Time: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Lunch will be provided)
Location: New York State United Teachers (52 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004)
For any questions, please contact Dakota An at email@example.com