Date(s) - 02/21/17
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Congressman Lee Zeldin's Office
Additional Information (if available)URL for more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/382761155413603/.
Hosted by Suffolk County Progressives
Rain date Tuesday 2/21/17 4 pm to 5 pm.
Rally in front of Congressman Zeldin’s office to support:
– legitimate public servants for cabinet picks, not profiteers nominated by Trump
– a woman’s right to choose and oppose defunding of Planned Parenthood
– universal healthcare
– No ban, no wall
– End of ridicule of citizens by Congressman Zeldin and other people in public office. Ridicule is unacceptable, talk with the people
– Black Lives matter
– a 28th Amendment to end Citzen’s United and state corporations are not people, and money is not speech and can be regulated.
– change in FEC rules to require disclosure of dark money by social welfare groups, 501c4’s.
– no gag orders on federal scientists
– release of Donald Trump’s tax returns, like every past presidential candidate has done.
– No on the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines
– Never forget – Republicans refused to hold hearings on a Supreme Court Justice nominee. 6 Supreme Court justices have been confirmed during election years since 1912. NO to hearings on Trump’s nominee Neil Gorsuch, YES to hearings on Merrick Garland.
– public education and all teachers, including public education teachers
– NO to repeal of the Dodd Frank Act and the CPFB, yes to restoring the Glass-Steagal Act. Never forget – Democrats refused to bring criminal charges against bank executives in the 2008 financial crisis but a jury in California found them guilty http://billmoyers.com/episode/too-big-to-jail/
– your concerns
Please check facebook link regularly for updates