Date(s) - 02/17/17
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Additional Information (if available)URL for more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/852377634904845/?active_tab=about.
On February 17, the day of the national strike, we are holding a rally to raise concerns about many of the issues facing this coutry and the world under the current political administration. We will be meeting at 11 a.m. in Setauket: the corner of 25A and Bennett Road (by the CVS there).
This is a demonstration in conjunction with the national strike efforts and related demonstrations around the country. Thus, our agenda aligns with the strike’s demands.
Official Site for the strike: http://f17strike.com/
Facebook event for the strike: https://www.facebook.com/events/1756631744665376/
1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral, the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls.
2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.
3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It’s the only one we’ve got.
4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.
5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.