Welcome! This service is free for all progressives on Long Island.
- Add your event – its free and easy!
- Events are open to all progressive events on long island.
- An automated weekly email event listing is sent to over 1000 Long Island progressive thinkers (want to join?)
- Sign up for a text message whenever a new event is published
- To unsubscribe from text messages just text UNSUBSCRIBE to (631) 206-5087
- Event locations will generate a link for directions
- Locations are optional – online and phone events are welcome
- The calendar can sync to your Apple or Android phone
- Events are screened to make sure they are politically progressive and relate to Long Island
- Subscribers can remove themselves from the list at any time
Long Island Activists Core Principles
We want to create a system in which Lincoln’s dream of a “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” becomes a reality. We support policies that will lead to more transparency in government, weaken the influence of the donor class, encourage higher voter turnout, and provide greater citizen participation in the process.
We want to create a more balanced and robust economic landscape that works for everyone. We want equal opportunity for those in the working and middle class to raise the standard of living and foster upward mobility. We believe poverty can and must be eradicated.
We want to create policies that address the reality of global warming, the single greatest threat facing our planet, and save the environment for future generations. We believe that clean drinking water is a basic human right and that government policy must prioritize water rights over corporate profits.
We want to create a society which respects the inherent dignity and worth of every person, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, country of origin, gender, or sexual orientation. We will defend the rights the disenfranchised and work to ensure equal protection under the law.
Please know that IP addresses and activities on this website are logged.